Thanks for letting me know that the music is on Itunes, I don't know if I would have even considered looking there. This will be great to listen to! I still don't get the Hae Soo/Prince Wook-- every time I see them together I think "big brother looking afer little sister", of course they might think it is more at first, but I really, really, can't see it at all and I like Prince Wook! I sometimes think it is because Prince Wook looks so tall that maybe why I think of him as a "older brother", but I just can't put my finger on it, I am sure many people would watch and think, "no,no, you have to fall for Prince So" and get upset with her scenes with Prince Wook, but I just don't see them that way at all.
2) they might think it is more at first, but I really, really, can't see it at all and I like Prince Wook!
3) I sometimes think it is because Prince Wook looks so tall that maybe why I think of him as a "older brother"
4) I am sure many people would watch and think, "no,no, you have to fall for Prince So" and get upset with her scenes with Prince Wook
5) but I just don't see them that way at all.
1) I don't understand what you don't get - they like each other, that's all.
2) I don't see how you can say that, they are not real people. They're created by the drama writer and the writer is showing us by many ways, has made it abundantly clear that at least for Prince Wook he is very much in love with her. (And Hae Soo herself daydreams about him all the time, it seems.) -At first he thought she was spunky and cute but then later on his longing and desire overwhelms him so that he can't bear to be with her while his wife is around. -When he almost kissed her but was interrupted by his family he was so frustrated that he galloped into the night on his horse and then was in agony over his pent-up longing for her. -He writes her a famous love poem. -He feels guilty towards his wife because of his feelings for Soo. -When Prince So was rude to her many times before he didn't feel threatened because he thought it was all from Prince So not liking her but when Prince So said Hae Soo belonged to him, Prince Wook immedately became very aggressive and told Prince So off in no uncertain term that Hae Soo didn't belong to Prince So but to Prince Wook. I feel none of these behaviors are very brotherly.
3) What does height have to do with being lover-like or brotherly? Besides, I don't think Prince Wook is any taller than Prince So.
4) I think this is the writer's intention.
5) I don't know why not except maybe you simply don't find Prince Wook attractive as a man or that you feel no chemistry between Prince Wook and Hae So. I think they would make a very nice couple, IF PRINCE SO WASN'T IN THE PICTURE.
Hope I don't sound like I'm attacking you but I just don't see why you can't see them as a couple. In many ways they already are, it's just that no one else knows it.
One thing I don't like about Prince Wook: He is wishy-washy. I mean he loves Hae Soo, right? So why not just tell everyone he loves her and put a claim on her?? He had a chance to tell the two Queens and he also had a chance to tell the King as well but he backed out both times. He hesitates too much, just like when he hesitated to help her when she was getting lashed by Princess Yeon Hwa. Prince So just jumped in and said Soo belonged to him. Now that's the way to do things. This is why I think Prince Wook won't win her, not because his feelings are too brotherly. Also because Lee Joon Gi NEVER loses the girl. (I hope!!!)
Hae Soo is being married off by her relations. Price Wook is stunned but doesn't seem to put up much of a fight. Then the Princes all find out the man she's being married off to is an old man with many grown sons. They devise a Runaway Bride plan and is in the middle of carrying Soo off (to where??) when they're met by Ji Mong who declares she has the royal order to enter the palace. All the princes are shocked when they realize the "old man" she's being married off to is no less than the King himself.
Prince So tries to keep Soo from going with Ji Mong. He does his best to persuade her to not go even if it means death to all of them, penalty for disobeying a royal command. Prince Wook doesn't do or say much.
Prince Jung, Prince Wook, and Princess Yeon Hwa all congregate at the Queen Hwangbo's quarters to see if the queens would help in stopping the King's marriage. Queen Yoo behaves quite differently than the way she behaved in the flashback of the 1st episode where she slashed at Prince So's face because the King was taking another wife. When Queen Yoo asks Prince Wook why the King marrying Hae Soo bothers him, he answers he considers Soo as a younger sister. We all know this is a blatant lie.
Later, desperate now, Prince Wook confronts the King himself. Again here Prince Wook had the chance to speak the truth about his feelings for Hae Soo. The King asks him what his reason is for trying to stop his marriage. And again he hesitates and Prince So steps in. Both of the princes' opposition to his marriage infuriate the King and he says he is going forth with his marriage because the Princes' reasons were not good enough.
Then Hae Soo herself steps up to save the day. She slashes her wrist with a broken vase piece, scarring her wrist therefore making her ineligible to become the King's wife.
Prince Wook comes to visit Soo when she wakes up from her adventure. He tells her he prayed to his dead wife to bring Soo back to him. Soo tells him she thought she would never see him again and starts crying. They've pretty much confessed their feelings for each other here.
Ji Mong convinces the King to have Soo as a court lady in the Damiwon Palace, working under Court Lady Oh, saving Soo from the fate of becoming a slave.
All the princes see Soo off to the palace. She enters the palace and comes face to face with Court Lady Oh, who has a reputation of being difficult and scary.
Episode 6. REVIEW
I just didn't understand why Prince Wook just doesn't tell the queens that he and Hae Soo have feelings for each other. Why does he say he sees her as his younger sister, which is obviously a lie? If he had spoken the truth the queens may have helped him. Queen Hwangbo would've liked to keep her promise to her dead daughter-in-law too, I'm sure. And Queen Yoo probably didn't want the King to marry again anyway.
I love the way Prince So always acts like he doesn't care a straw about Hae Soo but in the end he tries the hardest to help her. It cracks me up. When Soo's about to be married off he says it's not their business to interfere. Next thing, he's carrying Soo away on his horse. Then later he says she made the choice of entering the palace so now no one can help her and then next minute he's giving the King all kinds of reason not to marry into Soo's family. He kills me.
TRANSLATION CORRECTION: Drama Fever made a huge error in one translation. At 29:23 the subtitle has Queen Yoo telling Queen Hwangbo, "The King is marrying a 29-year-old girl." No way! First of all, there's no way Hae Soo is 29 years old. She's supposed to be much younger. The real translation is, "The King already has 29 mates." How they got the translation so far off, I have no clue.
Don't worry about me, I really love reading your posts and since we don't always see eye to eye it makes it that more interesting to read your posts and watch the drama I wonder what would happen with Hae Soo and Prince Wook, if Prince So would just step up and voice his opinion more, he seems to be 'watching' from the sidelines but seems to like to step forward when Hae Soo really needs him to. As far as Prince Wook and Hae Soo....I don't know why I can't see them together, maybe it is because you just think she has to end up with the "bad" Prince Soo-- especially since he is the main lead (and really good looking!) In my heart, it would be a great twist to see them end up together, but in my mind I just can't see it happening. No matter which the way the story goes, I just think this is a great drama, so glad you chose it!
1) I wonder what would happen with Hae Soo and Prince Wook, if Prince So would just step up and voice his opinion more, he seems to be 'watching' from the sidelines
2) As far as Prince Wook and Hae Soo....I don't know why I can't see them together, maybe it is because you just think she has to end up with the "bad" Prince Soo-- especially since he is the main lead (and really good looking!)
3) In my heart, it would be a great twist to see them end up together, but in my mind I just can't see it happening.
4) so glad you chose it!
1) I hope you're not implying he's watching Hae Soo and Prince Wook being lovey-dovey to each other. He has no idea Prince Wook is his competition at this point.
2) This is not what you said in the earlier post or I would've agreed with you. You said Prince Wook was too brotherly toward Hae Soo for you to see them as a romantic couple. And I said they already are very romantic toward each other. Here, you're saying you can't see them end up together. Well, I can't see them end up together either. No matter what happens in the end, it's evident that they do feel romantically toward each other now.
3) Really??? Not me. In fact I would feel like killing myself if Hae Soo ends up with Prince Wook and not Prince So. It better not be!!
4) Yes, here I can agree with you, lol. I gave up K drama for a few months cuz I was so busy for a while, but to choose such an incredible drama for a come-back... wow... *patting myself on the back* Hubby is really hooked now. We finished episode 8 last night and he's really intrigued with all the King GwangJong development. Really exciting.
If you have nothing to discuss in episode 6 I'll write up the episode 7 synopsis. Soon.
Prince So very upset at Hae Soo for what she did to her wrist. He tells her never to do anything like that again or he will never forgive her. He seems very concerned about her well-being. He shows her around the palace park. He tells her never to trust anyone in the palace. He says in the palace everyone is alone. Hae Soo says she's not alone since Prince So is there too.
The Grand General comes to the palace. It's revealed that the King had assigned him to teach the 4th Prince the martial arts and battle skills. The Grand General tells the King if it weren't for the scars on his face, Prince So would make a perfect Crown Prince.
The Grand General does not seem happy that Prince So is staying on at Songak. He tells Prince So the only prince that stays at Songak to the end is the one who climbs to the throne. He tells Prince So to think carefully on why he really wants to stay on. Prince So looks at him like he's crazy.
Hae Soo finds out the Crown Prince suffers from atopic eczema, and she tries to help him. She gets caught by Court Lady Oh and is punished - she is to tend to some garden for a while. She meets up with Prince So there and he makes her understand that the reason Court Lady Oh was so angry at her for trying to help the Crown Prince is that if something were to go wrong they would put her to death. He cautions her never to mention the Crown Prince's illness to anyone.
Queen Yoo hears something and gets suspicious.
Both Prince So and Prince Wook have eyes only for Hae Soo whenever she's around.
Hae Soo is doing some writing when Prince Wook comes by and helps her. She stares and stares at his face. He gives her a bracelet and puts it on the wrist where the scar is. He asks her to never take it off and she agrees. It's almost like they're engaged.
The Princes celebrate Prince Eun's birthday. Hae Soo gets time off and sets up a little party for Prince Eun. She brings him there and sings Happy Birthday song to him. Just then Prince So comes along and sees her cute antics and finds himself laughing. To his great astonishment. All the other princes join Hae Soo and Prince Eun and all request another song from her. While Prince So's staring at her face while she's singing something seems to happen to him that disconcerts him greatly and he stalks off the scene.
At the gift-opening ceremony, Prince Yo tells Prince Eun that Prince So has a great gift to give him if he were to ask. Prince Eun is intrigued. He asks Hae Soo to help him get it from Prince So. When Prince Baek Ah brings Prince So back they all sort of gang up on Prince So to promise to give Prince Eun something great as a birthday gift. Prince So agrees to get him whatever he wants. Prince Eun asks to see Prince So's face without the mask. Prince So does take off his mask since he had given his word that he would give whatever Prince Eun requested. Everyone is shocked at his scarred face, many sad.
When Prince So leaves Hae Soo hurries after him. She tells him to come back. He becomes angry at her and tells her he doesn't want pity from her. He tells her from now on to stay out of his sight.
Episode 7 REVIEW
Oh my gosh, what a great episode! I didn't like Hae Soo getting so close to Prince Wook but then again, there's definitely new development between her and Prince So as well. I love the fact that Prince So and Hae Soo's relationship is moving slowly like it is in this drama. Very believable. I don't particularly like love-at-first-sight love stories. Prince So and Hae Soo are slowly getting to know each other and it's really fun to see Prince So liking Hae Soo a little bit more in each episode.
It was almost too painful to watch when Prince So took off his mask. I really felt the pain he was going through. That Prince Yo is so evil! The way he laughed when Prince So left! And I loved the Crown Prince for sticking up for Prince So like he did.
An important fact was revealed in this episode. The King had not cast the 4th Prince aside as everyone believes. He had the Grand General taking care of him all this time. Now I know why everyone is so curious about how Prince So knows the martial arts. The Grand General was grooming him all along by the order of the King. The King did have a plan for Prince So all this time.
I loved the scene when Prince So is watching Soo sing and then something occurs to him and he gets very confused. I think this is the moment when he realizes he's in love with her. And then the scene where he's sitting by the water, skipping stones and thinking about her. So sweet and sad at the same time.
This drama is so awesome!! Wish it had 50 episodes instead of mere 20!!
So last night I typed up a post and then my computer decided to lock up and I lost everything!!!!!!!! So here it goes again..... Although I am not sure how authentic there are, I really like the dresses the court ladies are wearing-- I know they would not have the brightest colors, but the yellow and green go so well together. I wouldn't think all the polka dots would appeal to me, but I really like the dress. I liked when Prince So says "Now with a noisey thing like you around here, the palace won't be so boring"-- yes, he is becoming more and more interested in Hae Soo. This may be a reach-- but is the girl with the bear rug the same as the Queen Seon Deok we hear about in other historical dramas? Don't know that much about the time period, but was just wondering? I really enjoyed the scene when the Prince's were fighting on each other's shoulders, It looked like they were having so much fun--- it was great to watch. Whenever I watch a drama and they use a brushto write, I just love it, the scene with Hae Soo practicing her writing was so beautiful to watch, the brush strokes are just amazing. I would like to add, that when Wook showed up and put his arm around her to help her, she seems to be really taking more of an interest in Wook, but I still think he is just trying to be helpful. His arm is placed so gently around her back. When he gives her the bracelet, he says "The color red protects you and symbolizes a joyful realationship", now unless there was something lost in the translation--to me he just wants her to be safe in a world where he can tell she is struggling and that she makes him happy. Of course, there are hearts on the bracelet. The kiss on the forehead-- not reading much into that either. I think Hae Soo really has feelings for Wook, but who wouldn't with all the attention he gives her. Love the scene when it was Prince Eun's party-- when Hae Soo sings, all the brother's look like they are so impressed by her singing, Prince So-- it's almost like watching the Grinch's heart swell -- he really starts to fall for her and it looks like he is not sure what is happening. (ALso, I did like it when he was watching her sing to Prince Eun, his smile and laughter was so nice to see) Two things I agree with you on: I also like that the relationship between Hae Soo and Prince So is developing slowly- it makes a much more beleivable story line. Also agree, this drama is awesome-- I almost hate watching the next episode, but that means I am that much closer to the end! Almost forgot, bought the OST and have been listening to it alot! Got any favorite songs yet?
1) So last night I typed up a post and then my computer decided to lock up and I lost everything!!!!!!!! So here it goes again.....
2) I really enjoyed the scene when the Prince's were fighting on each other's shoulders, It looked like they were having so much fun--- it was great to watch.
3) I would like to add, that when Wook showed up and put his arm around her to help her, she seems to be really taking more of an interest in Wook, but I still think he is just trying to be helpful. His arm is placed so gently around her back. When he gives her the bracelet, he says "The color red protects you and symbolizes a joyful realationship", now unless there was something lost in the translation--to me he just wants her to be safe in a world where he can tell she is struggling and that she makes him happy. Of course, there are hearts on the bracelet. The kiss on the forehead-- not reading much into that either. I think Hae Soo really has feelings for Wook, but who wouldn't with all the attention he gives her.
4) Almost forgot, bought the OST and have been listening to it alot! Got any favorite songs yet?
1) Ohmgosh, this happens to me so often now I take screenshots of my write-up before hitting the post button.
2) I find this scene very bittersweet. One reason is cuz I know they will all be at each other's throat by the end of the drama, it seems like that's what the story is setting up for. The other is cuz of the song that goes with this scene. The lyrics to the song is so sad... all about goodbyes and missing each other and years passing by. Really made me teary-eyed thinking about how all is happiness is going to change soon.
3) You crack me up, Birdy! Are you by any chance still insisting Prince Wook is not in love with her? That this is just friendship? I'm sorry but in this case it is not up for your interpretation - the writer of this drama has given us many irrefutable evidences that HE IS IN LOVE WITH HAE SOO! Lol!
4) My favorites right now are Goodbye; All With You; and I Love You, I Remember You. How about you?
So as long as we agree to disagree.. I will continue with my opinion that Wook is not in love with Hae Soo-- when I was rewatching Ep1, there was a scene with the Prince's, two of the Prince's are joking around and Wook comes to the one Prince's defense and says"The jokes are too harsh, I will speak with him later on, please don't take it to heart" and one of the other Prince's responds by saying "Don't you know how Wook is? He is always worrying about others"-- and so this is my opinion that Prince Wook is just worrying about Hae Soo.
Favorite songs so far: Can you hear my Heart?; Say Yes; For You; I love You, I Rememeber You; and Goodbye. Really like "Can you Hear My Heart"-- it features Epik High and I really like the sound of Tablo's voice. He had a song called "Tomorrow" with Taeyang of BigBang that is one of my favorite (although sad) songs.
Ok, so I watched Ep 9 tonight (sorry if I am a little ahead, couldn't help myself) and half-way through I realized you are right--but I don't believe it for a second. I just see Hae Soo and Prince So together. Things are getting more interesting..........
Prince So really mad at Hae Soo for what happened at Prince Eun's party. Hae Soo tries to find a way to appease Prince So's anger. Prince Baek Ah suspects Prince So likes Hae Soo.
Court Lady Oh constantly warns Soo to keep her distance from the Princes.
Hae Soo and Prince Wook meet secretly in the cave of the bathing place. Prince Wook tells her when rain comes the King may let a court lady be released to celebrate the rain. He says he will ask the King to let that court lady be Hae Soo.
Queen Yoo trying to find out from Hae Soo what is wrong with the Crown Prince. Court Lady Oh rescues Soo from the Queen's clutch (literally). But Court Lady Oh very angry and lets Hae Soo know. Hae Soo talks back saying it's unfair how Court Lady Oh treats her. Court Lady Oh confesses it's because she's so worried about her. Then she faints. Hae Soo happy now that she knows Court Lady Oh has been treating her that way because she cared for her so much.
Prince So is picked as the representative to lead the rain ritual. But the procession of the 4th Prince goes terribly wrong. All the people outside the palace are repulsed by Prince So's masked appearance and rejects him en masse. They throw rocks and sling mud at him until he is a mess. When he enters the palace he is a sorry sight. Prince So is humiliated, especially when he sees Hae Soo looking at him. He abandons the rain ritual and runs away.
Queen Yoo and Prince Yo laugh over Prince So's misfortune while having a cup of tea. She says it is now their turn.
Hae Soo goes looking for Prince So. She finds him in a boat. She almost tips over when she gets on the boat, but Prince So grabs her just in time. She falls into his arms and he holds her for a long moment before she scrambles out of his arms. She comforts him with words.
Prince So decides to go to the rain ritual once again. Just then Hae Soo comes to help him. She covers his scar with make-up. He gets to the rain ritual just in time to intercept Prince Yo from taking his place. The crowd outside the palace accepts Prince So this time. When he enters the palace everyone is taken aback by Prince So minus the mask and scar. Prince Wook suspects Soo helped Prince So.
When Prince So reaches the top of the rain ritual temple, he turns around and searches for Hae Soo. When he spots her he smiles and she smiles back. Just then she has a flash scene: Prince So changes into GwangJong, the 4th King of Goryeo. Hae Soo is shocked beyond belief.
Just then there's a drop of rain here and there. And before long it is pouring rain.
Episode 8. REVIEW
Oh. My. God. I have never been so happy and then change so fast into being shocked and scared. I was so happy for Prince So when he reached the palace the second time as the leader of the rain ritual. And then everything was ruined by Hae Soo's flash forward. No, no, no, no!!!! It can't be my darling the 4th Prince who is the murderous Gwangjong. Please no!!!!
Just when you think this can't get much better, things change. The whole part of Court Lady Oh and Hae Soo-- all of a sudden Court Lady Oh tells Hae Soo why she treats Hae Soo the way she does and you wonder "Why is she so concerned?" Is it the Princes? Is it the Queen? Is it something else? The scene Prince Yun and the sparrow-- made me cringe! I know meat comes from animals, but to just snapped that poor birds neck was so cruel-- one minute it is just hopping around and then snap! Yuck! Hae Soo's flash forward shocked the hell out of me. I actually rewound it and watched it again, because you knew that it was Prince Soo, cause it came right after she was looking at him, but the eyes looked so evil I thought it was Prince Yo-- his eyes give me goose bumps-- but NOT in the same way that Prince Wook and Prince So's do! Is this part of actual history? Did one of the Princes really kill all his brothers? What a way to eliminate the competition! I agree I would hate to see Prince Soo end up the evil Prince-- especially when he reall does not seem so cruel anymore. Once again great episode. (on a side note, I was working around the house today and had the OST playing and my son told me he really liked some of the songs-- he liked the ones that were mostly instrumentals, I think we were listening to "Gesture of Resistance" and he said something like "It sounds cool, like they are using both Asian instruments and regular orchestra instruments". I am begining to have more favorites every time I listen to it--so thanks again!)
all of a sudden Court Lady Oh tells Hae Soo why she treats Hae Soo the way she does and you wonder "Why is she so concerned?" Is it the Princes? Is it the Queen? Is it something else?
Well, you don't have to wonder because she tells us in the same scene why she's so concerned for Hae Soo - because she reminds her of herself when she was young, so trusting of everyone and always wanting to help people, a sure way to get killed in the palace.