Thanks Lucy for the recap! I was on vacation and I didn't realize that there was going to be a signal enhancement, so I set my VCR to record all of the shows that I wanted to watch while I was away. When I watched the tape, all I got was a blue screen. I'll see if I can find that tape and fast forward a little bit to see if that episode was actually recorded. Thanks again!
On a side note, I was vacationing in LA last week and I was flipping through the channels (I haven't watched any episodes of Bizarre Bunch or Knocked Out By Love while I was there, since they're so far ahead of us...) and I noticed a commercial for an upcoming drama, "Hello, God." I wonder if it will replace My Rosy Life or Knocked Out By Love? Just thought I'd put that out there. Who knows? They might not even show it here in Chicago. In any case, that new drama looked interesting.
I would have to agree with the poeple that think that he was calling her name out in his mind as opposed to out loud. His lips weren't moving at all.
I think they were. We'll have to wait and see if he does it again. Also, how could they be showing him in "real"-time, as opposed to dream time, lying on his bed with Bi or Eunsuk, and yet calling out in his mind? I think we're supposed to see it, but no one in the drama is--yet. I could be wrong.
Post by ovaridedis24 on Feb 28, 2006 15:17:28 GMT -5
I totally missed this episode where she finds out that they're brothers, since the station was down because of the new antenna being put up, I assumed that they were going to play last week's episode this week, heck I asked and they even said that's what they're doing...but I guess they played it anyways, so did they play just one episode and its rerun the next day or did they play both?
Post by CaptainVideo on Mar 1, 2006 22:08:25 GMT -5
This wasn't the last episode, was it? It sure seemed to wrap up a lot of stuff (I was cooking, expecting to pick up the missed parts tomorrow) and they showed the summary vignette, did it say "The End"? I didn't think I saw it, but I don't think I saw "See You Next Time" either.
"Official space helmet on, oh Captain Video!" Edward L. Norton
Post by CaptainVideo on Mar 2, 2006 12:20:12 GMT -5
Thanks ducky, that eases the mind knowing that it wasn't the end, and also knowing that the end it near. ;)I don't hate this show, but I'm ready for something new. Okay, rather than starting anew, I'll continue here. Fiance` boy is lucky she only walked out on his "concert"; I'm sorry, every time I hear Kenny G. I want to scream and throw things (he really gets played a lot during the holidays ). I just finished watching tonight's ep and I think Misook should be a floor sleeper; that's the second time he's fallen out of bed that I've noticed. I think that Minku is lashing out so that Eunsuk will want to leave him and he won't have to feel guilty about ruining her life. I don't know if he really knows that she was crying over Bokgu, but he realizes that she's miserable taking care of him and I think he's starting to feel guilty. On the other hand, what was all that about Bokgu saying that he doesn't want to have to run away again so she can't find them? Has Bokgu had feelings for her from way back? One last observation, this show is going to end on a Wed?
I feel so incredibly bad for Minku. It's not fair to him, he who's waited and sacrificed so much for Eunsook, to lose her to his brother is just horrible. But this is the kinda where you can't hate/dislike anyone because they're all going through their own problems and just want to be with the one they love.
I think I missed something. Minku lashing out? Isn't he pretty much nonfunctional, cognitively speaking, only responding on a basic emotional level? Maybe it's something that happened in Episode 13--I only got to tape the first 20 minutes, and then my tape ran out. I'm taping the rerun today.
Post by HappyCamper on Mar 3, 2006 17:10:23 GMT -5
Minku is a lot more "there" mentally than we first thought and I think he heard and understood things that were said to him while he was in the hospital. I agree with Captain V that he is trying to make Eunsuk leave him because he knows it isn't right for her to sacrifice herself like this. I also agree with Bae that it's pretty hard to hate anyone because they all are victims in a way. This drama really surprised me. I didn't expect to like it at all and now it's one of my favs.
Post by ovaridedis24 on Mar 7, 2006 15:39:31 GMT -5
Hi, can someone please tell me what happened at the end of last Thursday's episode, Eun-suk was taking Min-ku out for a walk and when she got back Jun-suk was standing there waiting for her, he said that he wanted to talk to her...then my tape ran out and I never found out how that episode ended...can someone please gimme a quick recap? Thanks in advanced.
Post by Hawaiian Sun on Mar 10, 2006 4:58:16 GMT -5
Hi everyone, I'm from Hawaii and the 8th episode just aired here. I have watched a bit of the show here and there, and I'd like to continue to watch the rest. However, I am totally lost!!! Will someone please give me an overview about what's going on? I would be really grateful if someone could fill me in on the following:
1. Isn't Minku in his vegetative state because he watched Eunsuk's engagement on TV? Who was she getting engaged to?
2. Who is Kim Jun-suk? Does he really like Eunsuk or is it just a power trip?
3. Why is Eunsuk agreeing to marry Kim Jun-suk? What did her mother that could possibly result in an arrest?
4. Why did Bohku ("Rain") kiss Eunsuk and why did he sent the picture to her fiance? Was the kiss sincere or is there an underlying motive to it?
Thanks a million! I'm really glad that I found this site, and will be very grateful to anyone that can help clarify the movie for me.
Hi, Hawaiian Sun, I can see why you're confused if you've only watched it here and there. It is a little "impressionistic" in the early episodes and I found I really had to pay attention and even then didn't get it all. I'll answer some of your questions.
1. Yes. Shortly after reuniting with his brother, Bokgu, whom he hadn't seen in about 10 years, they were on his rooftop and there was one of those big media screens (like in Times Square) right by his building. It started showing a news report that Cha Eunsuk was engaged to Jun-suk (or is it Jun-sang), the scion of a wealthy business family. Walking toward the screen in a daze, he walked right off the rooftop. It was sort of an accident, I always thought, but it happened because he was so upset over what he was seeing. He and Eunsuk had been in love several years before but her family made him disappear, supposedly for her good.
2. See above for who he is. It is a power trip for him; he says so.
3. I don't know exactly, but I do recall that there were PR issues involved. He went ahead and announced this engagement for some vague purpose involving getting into his father's good graces. She's a big movie star, and if she goes back on it, it will make her look fickle and her fans might turn against her. Also, the mother somehow gotten involved in a dishonest deal via the fiance. He promised to sign over a building to her, she collected lease money from some people before it was hers, and now he is reclaiming ownership, leaving her in the position of having committed fraud.
4. The underlying motive was to get Eunsuk in trouble and upset the fiance. Bokgu is making her fall in love with him so he can later leave her and destroy her in revenge for his brother. Bokgu does not understand that Eunsuk did not really leave him because she became famous, but Minku left her to let her have her career. Even so, she does seem to have forgotten about Minku, for the most part, though you may have seen her protests to her family when they were pushing the engagement. She was saying, "No! What about Minku?" And they were saying, he's a loser, he's gone, forget about him.