Post by KwonSangWooLVR on Nov 9, 2006 11:37:15 GMT -5
EPISODE #63 • Mi-chil continues to have cravings for food but denies being pregnant when her mother asks her about her strange eating habit. However, she decides to have a pregnancy test and she’s surprised to learn of her pregnancy.
• Seor-chil’s superior learns of her request for transfer to join the Korean soldiers serving in Iraq. She explains to him that she needs to test herself as a true soldier and also reevaluate her life’s purpose.
• Sun-taek takes his daughters to drop them off with their mother for a day’s visit, but his ex-wife and older daughter, Sora, tries to convince him to spend the day with them.
• Theng-chil and Tae-ja bring their new baby home. Theng-chil thinks her future is uncertain as she feels that she has to raise two children.
• Mi-chil and Il-han thinks about what they’ll say to each other. Mi-chil thinks Il-han will do anything for her when he learns of her pregnancy, and Il-han thinks Mi-chil will beg him for forgiveness.
• Il-han tells Mi-chil that it’s perhaps time for them to divorce and go on their own way. Mi-chil is taken aback, but she tells him that suits her just fine and agrees to meet him in three days to determine if that is what they really want of each other. She does not tell him about her pregnancy. She leaves the scene with tears flowing.
• Seor-chil asks her father for more time to think about marrying Ha-num and also informs him about her request for transfer to Iraq.
• Seor-chil witnesses Sun-taek who looks to be having a grand time with his ex and his daughters. Seor-chil tells Doek-chil not to overlook what’s going on with Sun-taek. When Doek-chil asks Sun-taek if he spent the day with his ex, he flatly denies it.
• Mi-chil tells Seor-chil about her and Il-han’s decisions to get a divorce. Seor-chil scolds her about taking lightly of their marriage. Mi-chil also looks for information about raising a child as a single mother. So far, Mi-chil has not told anyone about her pregnancy.
• Il-han informs of his decision to divorce Mi-chil to his uncle. Despite his uncle’s request to seriously rethink about his decision, Il-han says that his mind is made up and feels disappointed that Mi-chil did not ask for forgiveness.
• The Father asks Ha-num if he and Seor-chil are having problems. Ha-num tells him the truth about his family and also about his mother’s rejection of Seor-chil. Ha-num says that he can handle his mother and he needs the Father’s help to convince Seor-chil to marry him. The Father tells Ha-num that it may be too late for that since Seor-chil has put in a request for Iraq assignment…
EPISODE #64 • Ha-num tells Seor-chil to not runaway from him, and apologizes to her upon learning that his mother once asked her if she could give up her army career. Seor-chil says that she wants to thank his mother for making her to rethink about her dedication to being a good soldier and also professes that she loved him with all her heart. She regrets their relationship can’t move forward, however, she’ll never regret about being a soldier.
• The Father informs Seor-chil’s birthmother about the difficulties Seor-chil is facing with Ha-num and his mother. The birthmother says her condition is not getting better and asks if she could meet with Ha-num.
• The Father is shocked to learn from Il-han that he and Mi-chil is seriously considering a divorce. Mi-chil’s mother tries to persuade Il-han to take Mi-chil back.
• Il-han’s uncle apologizes to Mi-chil for getting in the way of her and Il-han’s married life and tries to convince Mi-chil to return to Il-han. Mi-chil says he’s not the reason for their breakup and she won’t return to someone who doesn’t want her.
• Seor-chil and Mi-chil meets with Sun-taek’s ex-wife and asks her to not see Sun-taek behind Doek-chil’s back. Mi-chil’s bad temper and the ex’s refusal to comply with the sisters’ request only lead to an argument. The ex tells Sun-taek that Doek-chil used her sisters to threaten her if she didn’t stay away from him. This moron believes his ex and confronts Doek-chil. They accuse each other of lying to one another.
• Theng-chil is having a hard time trying to take care of her baby and run the household without any help from Tae-ja or her mother-in-law. Tae-ja’s still uncomfortable with his mother’s affection towards Soo-pyo (Il-han’s uncle).
• Ha-num receives a call from Seor-chil’s birthmother to meet. She doesn’t say who she is but only to say it’s regarding Seor-chil.
• Mi-chil and Il-han finalizes their divorce, which was not difficult due to their failure to officially register their marriage. They agree to stay as friends albeit it seems more difficult for Il-han to accept their divorce. She asks him to not tell her parents about their divorce. Mi-chil asks if their decision to divorce would have been this easy if they had a child together. Il-han says it would have been more difficult but he agrees with Mi-chil that even if they had a child, they shouldn’t stay together just for the sake of a child without love for each other. They say their goodbyes and give each other one last kiss.
• Mi-chil leaves home and lies to her mother about returning to Il-han. She gets on a bus leaving for another city…
Post by soapygrams on Nov 14, 2006 13:41:02 GMT -5
Maybe Ilhan and Seol-Chil will get married now? . . . . Anna
I don't think that would be possible in Korean culture/society. Look at the problems in Pure 19 -- Gukwah was not even MARRIED to the uncle when he died but the nephew was not allowed to have feeings for Gukwah. So a living divorced spouse seems to me to be an insurmountable impediment to a marriage. Anyone know enough about Korean customs/culture to explain?? Thanks!
Post by KwonSangWooLVR on Nov 14, 2006 16:13:46 GMT -5
EPISODE #65 • Soo-pyo is surprised to learn from Il-han about his divorce. Il-han tells him that he tried his best to save his marriage, but he can’t spend rest of his life trying to please Mi-chil. He informs his uncle Mi-chil returned to his father’s home, and also mentions Mi-chil seemed like someone who wanted to get out of the marriage.
• The Father asks Seor-chil to reconsider her decision to serve in Iraq. However, Seor-chil is determined to go to Iraq and asks for his support.
• Mi-chil comes out of from a motel in a rural town and almost gets run over by a scooter driven by Kil-man and his lady passenger, Kong-ju. (New characters.) Mi-chil and Kong-ju are wearing an identical dress/uniform and both are embarrassed by the incident. Mi-chil quickly leaves the scene.
• Mi-chil goes to a small hospital looking for a job, and again runs into Kong-ju whose personality is identical to that of Mi-chil’s. Apparently, they’re going to work together for the same doctor and also live together at the hospital dorm. Kong-ju is a relative of the doctor and she’s come to work for him to get away from the loan sharks. (Remember, Mi-chil used to work as a nurse.)
• Seor-chil’s birthmother meets with Ha-num and asks him to allow her to meet his mother. He calls his mother to come into the city.
• Il-han returns home drunk and tells Soo-pyo of his regrets about the divorce and he says he is willing to be more patient with Mi-chil and wants to be with her. The following morning, he doesn’t remember the previous night’s conversation with his uncle and refuses to call Mi-chil at his uncle’s urging.
• Doek-chil and Sun-taek continues to be uncomfortable with each other. Doek-chil meets with her ex-husband, Soo-han, who tells her that he’s getting remarried. Doek-chil is surprised by the news but she’s more surprised to hear him say that he thought they would eventually return to each other after some time living apart. He’s marrying a divorcée and says he was only looking for someone who can promise him to take good care of the children.
• Seor-chil tells her mother that she no longer loves Ha-num and she also informs her about the transfer to Iraq. The mother, of course, is not happy.
• Ha-num says to his mother that he’ll follow Seor-chil to the end of the world and he'll never give up on her. His mother also learns that it was Mi-chil who told Ha-num about her meeting with Seor-chil. Ha-num says the reason for asking her to come to the city was for her to meet someone.
• Ha-num’s mother and Seor-chil’s birthmother meet at a restaurant. Guess what! The women know each other…
EPISODE #66 • We learn that Seor-chil’s birthmother’s doctor used to be Ha-num’s father and he had helped her many times with her illness, and that their families have become very close. The birthmother begs Ha-num’s mother to reconsider her opposition to Ha-num and Seor-chil’s marriage.
• Theng-chil and her mother-in-law have gotten much closer with the birth of the baby. Theng-chil sincerely feels for MIL’s hard life raising Tae-ja as a single mother. Theng-chil’s mother asks Tae-ja that it’s time for his mother to get married. He is shocked!
• Doek-chil doesn’t come to work at the busy restaurant and Sun-taek’s ex-wife shows up to help him. Doek-chil eventually returns to see Sun-taek and his ex having a drink together. She is pissed and goes home alone.
• Kong-ju’s personality is exactly that of Mi-chil’s and Mi-chil is getting her own medicine from Kong-ju.
• Seor-chil’s mother asks her husband, Ha-num and even Seor-chil’s superior to persuade Seor-chil to not go to Iraq. She also tells Seor-chil that she’ll never support her of going to Iraq, and if she must, she’ll have to get married first.
• Mi-chil works diligently at the hospital but she’s too busy with work to properly take care of herself. She seemed to have matured overnight.
• Il-han goes out drinking with a coworker as a favor to meet women. After many drinks, Il-han tells off the ladies about how beautiful women have no brains and they’re nothing but gold diggers. He gets a nice slap from one of the women. Il-han then gets into a fight with a guy at the next table when the guy tells his fiancé to break off their engagement—the couples’ fight reminds him of his situation with Mi-chil. He falls to the floor in a mess and looks very sad and pitiful…
Post by luvsterriers on Nov 15, 2006 14:00:50 GMT -5
Ilhan should have never married Mi Chil. To me Mi Chil is just a b****. I hate the way she laughs. She dresses too sexy. She treates Seol Chil awful by telling HER that Seol Chil needs to ask HER for permission to talk to Ilhan. What a crazy b****. Ilhan should just remain friends with these 2 women, and not marry either one actually.
for mikie, I think ur confused the military "sister" is the daughter of the dead soldier, and the guy that adopted her, her " father" , was his best friend and accidentally killed him. the "father" then took her in as his own to make up for his sin, and her real father made the adopted father promise to marry her to another one of their friends son because they were close friends. Also when the military "sister" finds out she is adopeted she tells her " mother" that she wants to find her birth mother, iam guessing she's still alive. ;) Enjoy!
Post by KwonSangWooLVR on Nov 28, 2006 23:29:52 GMT -5
EPISODE #67 • Il-han is taken to the police station, and his uncle, Soo-pyo, helps to get him released.
• Mi-chil faints while cleaning at the hospital and the doctor tells her to quite work and take better care of herself and the unborn baby. Mi-chil is surprised at the doctor’s discovery about her pregnancy, but she pleads with him to allow her to stay and work since she has nowhere else to go. The doctor tells her to inform the baby’s father about her pregnancy before things get out of hand. Then the doctor orders Kong-ju to take over the cleaning and cooking duties at the hospital and threatens to call the loan sharks if she refuses to listen to him.
• Seor-chil’s superior tells her to reconsider her request for Iraq duty for her mother’s sake, but she insists on going to Iraq.
• Ha-num goes to the travel agency…his mother thinks he’s going abroad to study.
• Theng-chil calls Mi-chil to go with her for the baby’s immunization. Mi-chil lies about not being at home and tells Theng-chil to get in touch with her at another time—of course, no one in Mi-chil’s family knows about her divorce, let alone that she’s not living in the same city.
• Tae-ja questions Soo-pyo to find out if he is interested in getting married in near future. Soo-pyo says he doesn’t have anyone in mind to marry nor is he interested in getting married at all. Tae-ja is disappointed by Soo-pyo’s reply and takes it out on his mother by telling her to have some self-pride.
• Doek-chil and Sun-taek works on improving their relationship. Sun-taek’s ex-wife gets an earful from Doek-chil’s mother when the ex once again takes the children without telling anyone.
• Seor-chil calls Mi-chil to inform her about going to Iraq and asks to see her at home before she leaves for advance training—she’s to have a month-long training before going to Iraq directly from the training base. She also tells her about the breakup with Ha-num. Mi-chil expresses her sadness to Seor-chil that she had hoped Seor-chil would have a better marriage than hers. Mi-chil calls Il-han to tell him about Seor-chil’s Iraq transfer and she also asks not to tell anyone in her family yet about their divorce.
• Seor-chil meets with Ha-num after learning from his mother that he’s going abroad to study. She tells him to forget about her and move on with his life for a better future. She offers her hand for a goodbye handshake. Ha-num embraces her and gives a kiss instead. He tells her he’ll follow her wherever she goes and says that he’ll be waiting for her in Iraq. He leaves her stunned…
EPISODE #68 • Seor-chil says goodbye to Il-han as he wishes her a safe trip and laments about her breakup with Ha-num. Per Mi-chil’s request, he doesn’t mention his divorce.
• Everyone is gathered at Seor-chil’s home to give her a farewell party… Mi-chil leaves the country hospital to visit home to see Seor-chil.
• A company that’s building the condominium, which Tae-ja’s mother, Chan-soon, purchased for Tae-ja, declares bankruptcy and she doesn’t know what to do. Of course, Tae-ja has no clues about what to do either.
• Doek-chil and Sun-taek once again fights about money and who controls it.
• Concerned with Ha-num’s intention to follow her to Iraq, Seor-chil calls his mother to tell her to stop him from going to Iraq. His mother is stunned, as she’d thought Ha-num was going to the U.S. to study.
• Mi-chil comes home to say goodbye to Seor-chil. She tells Seor-chil to return home without any burden left from her breakup with Ha-num. The Mother tells Mi-chil to control her temper and try to have a baby with Il-han.
• With a letter left behind for Seor-chil, Mi-chil goes to the bus station before Seor-chil wakes up. In the letter Mi-chil wishes Seor-chil a safe trip and asks to forgive her for all the pain she’s caused her. She wishes she could turn back the clock so that they could grow up together like real twins caring for each other. She says she loves her. Seor-chil breaks down while reading the letter, and Mi-chil cries in the bus.
• Seor-chil leaves home before her parents wakes up…Ha-num leaves his condo heading for the airport. His mother shows up to an empty condo and hurries to the airport. She calls out to him as he enters the entryway to get to the boarding gate. Somehow he hears her and comes out to find his worried mother. She asks if he is prepared to not ever change his mind about Seor-chil, to which he replies that he won’t change how he feels about Seor-chil. His mother finally gives her permission for him to marry Seor-chil and tells him to go find her and hold on to her. He runs out of the airport.
• Ha-num arrives at the base just in time to stop Seor-chil’s bus. He gets on board the bus and formerly proposes to Seor-chil while the soldiers are cheering for them. They get off the bus and her superior comes to inform her of their decision to drop her from the Iraq transfer list. Seor-chil tries to protest but the officer tells her it’s a direct order. Ha-num is ecstatic and embraces Seor-chil.
• Ha-num’s mother calls Seor-chil’s birthmother to inform her about the decision to allow Ha-num and Seor-chil’s wedding. The birthmother profusely thanks her and says that she’s on her way to be admitted to the hospital. The birthmother says she’s not sure if she’ll ever see Seor-chil again, but upon hearing the good news, she says she has never felt better.
• Ha-num is told by his mother to not ever mention to Seor-chil about her birthmother’s poor health. This is a sincere request from Seor-chil’s birthmother.
• Doek-chil feels like her world is coming to an end as she sees her children with her ex-husband and his new wife, and the children calling their stepmother as “mom.” Sun-taek tells his ex-wife to stop hanging around their children and think about getting remarried herself.
• Chan-soon asks Soo-pyo for his advise with the condo bankruptcy case. He suggests a step to take action in this particular type of case and she’s very impressed by his knowledge in the matter. Ha, ha.
• Seor-chil calls Mi-chil to tell her about the cancelled Iraq transfer. Mi-chil is very happy for her and hurriedly end the call when the doctor calls for her. Seor-chil becomes suspicious.
• Seor-chil arrives home to find Il-han in front of the house. She asks him if Mi-chil found a job working at a hospital. He tries to cover up by saying that Mi-chil told him about the job last night. However, Seor-chil says that Mi-chil spent last night with her and asks Il-han what’s going on between him and Mi-chil…
EPISODE #69 • Seor-chil learns of Il-han and Mi-chil’s divorce and tells Il-han of her disappointment in him. She asks where Mi-chil is living since the divorce and he says that he thought she was living at her parents’ home. Seor-chil calls Mi-chil on the phone.
• Mi-chil hangs up the phone when she realizes Seor-chil knows about the divorce. Mi-chil calls Il-han to complain about his lack of sense and refuses to tell him of her whereabouts. Seor-chil and Il-han are very concerned with Mi-chil’s well being.
• Seor-chil can’t get a hold of her mother since she went on a vacation with her grandmother. She searches her room looking for clues to find out where Mi-chil may be hiding and discovers a pregnancy booklet and she’s very surprised!
• Ha-num’s mother apologizes to Seor-chil for her bad behaviors and wishes for the couple to marry before the year’s end. She praises Seor-chil for her maturity beyond her years.
• Chan-soon feels very grateful to Soo-pyo for his help with resolving condo bankruptcy.
• Theng-chil is sidetracked in the department store and forgets about her baby in the diaper changing room. She returns home without the baby and realizes her mistake when Tae-ja asks for their son. She and Tae-ja hurriedly returns to the store and finds their baby. (I think this is a bit over the top to showcase Theng-chil’s immaturity.)
• Seor-chil confirms Mi-chil’s pregnancy through Mi-chil’s doctor. Il-han learns of Mi-chil’s pregnancy from Seor-chil and gets an earful from Seor-chil about his lack of understanding Mi-chil. Later, Il-han thinks about the conversation he and Mi-chil had just before deciding to divorce when she asked if he would feel any different if they had a child together. He now feels like a fool.
• Seor-chil and Ha-num agrees to get married by the year’s end and Ha-num decides to live with Seor-chil at her place after their marriage until he’s able to support Seor-chil without his parents’ help. They promise to always stand by each other. (Didn’t they promise this before Seor-chil decided to runaway? Ha, ha.)
• Sun-taek tells his ex-wife that he wouldn’t have gotten married if he didn’t needed to find someone to take care of the children. Doek-chil overhears their conversation and runs away from him. Sun-taek tries to stop her and says it’s a misunderstanding.
• Tae-ja asks Soo-pyo if he has any intention of marrying his mother. Soo-pyo says although he likes Chan-soon, he has no plan of getting married to anyone. Tae-ja says it’s okay that Soo-pyo doesn’t want to marry his mother, but he promises to treat Soo-pyo like a father-in-law if he agrees to be his mother’s lover. Soo-pyo is stunned…
EPISODE #70 • Soo-pyo returns to work at Chan-soon’s store while thinking about Tae-ja’s proposal.
• Il-han places an ad on a newspaper looking for Mi-chil. In order to avoid Mi-chil’s father from discovering the meaning of the ad, he uses their nicknames given to each other. In the ad, he says he knows about her pregnancy and he’s ready to give up everything for her. (These scenes are actually very funny with using their nicknames, which are pork belly and steak.) Both Mi-chil and her father read the ad and, of course, the father thinks whoever placed the ad is a nut.
• Doek-chil and Sun-taek argues about what he had said earlier to his ex-wife about his reason for marrying Doek-chil. Doek-chil’s mother returning from her trip overhears the argument, and after Sun-taek leaves the house, she confronts Doek-chi. The mother tells Doek-chil to divorce Sun-taek to which Doek-chil says there’s no way she’s divorcing for the second time.
• The Father rings Il-han’s apartment to tell them of water leaking to the unit downstairs but no one answers the door. He calls Mi-chil who doesn’t answer his call. Mi-chil calls Seor-chil to find out if their parents have found out about her divorce. Seor-chil says they don’t know about her divorce yet, but she begs to see her. Mi-chil says she’ll raise the child by herself and tells Seor-chil to let Il-han know that she doesn’t want to see him and stop looking for her.
• Seor-chil remembers hearing someone calling Mi-chil as a nurse in the background during their earlier call and decides to look around the hospitals in the city with Il-han. Il-han is very regretful of what he has done and wishes he could’ve done things differently.
• Doek-chil tells Sun-taek that she wants to do her best to be a good wife and mother. However, she must be able to control the family’s finance and educating the children. She asks him to either comply with her request or get a divorce. Sun-taek is taken aback with Doek-chil’s request.
• The Father again rings Il-han’s apartment and Soo-pyo answers the door. The Father tells him about the leak and also asks if Mi-chil is home. Soo-pyo says she’s still sleeping but the Father realizes that Mi-chil’s shoes are missing and comes into the apartment and opens Mi-chil’s bedroom. Of course, he only sees Il-han sleeping without Mi-chil. (In an earlier scene, Il-han told Soo-pyo of what's been going on with Mi-chil and her pregnancy.)
• Ha-num helps Seor-chil with locating Mi-chil by perusing her computer to see if Mi-chil used the computer to look for a job or anything. After many tries, Seor-chil finally discovers Mi-chil’s whereabouts.
• Seor-chil arrives at the hospital where Mi-chil works and discovers Mi-chil cleaning the hospital. The sisters look at each other with sadness on Seor-chil’s part and nervousness on Mi-chil’s…